The Highlands School

2014-2015 Annual Fund Drive


Special Update:   We had a tremendous success on Thursday, September 18th during the North Texas Giving Day, which was the kick off for the Annual Fund Drive.   We brought in $241,000 toward our $350,000 goal.  The AFD is a great way to bridge the gap in tuition for our students.  Our goal is to reach $350,000 and wrap up the Annual Fund Drive by Thursday, October 23rd.  And of course we'll still happily receive donations and pledges after that date.  Thank you for your generosity.

Make an online donation

Email a pledge

As with most private schools and colleges in the country, tuition alone does not cover the full cost of educating a child at the Highlands.  We strive to keep tuition at an affordable level while continuing our mission of providing a quality Catholic education.  Tuition and fees cover approximately 75% of the cost per student.  The remaining 25% comes from voluntary, tax-deductible donations. These donations also help supplement scholarship aid to deserving students who otherwise could not attend The Highlands.

This year, if we have strong participation we should be able to raise our goal for this year: $350,000. Why is participation so important? The level of commitment and moral support from our families speaks volumes to foundations and other donors, and encourages them to be generous with the Highlands too. It shows that the entire Highlands community is doing everything it can. Foundations often consider annual fund drive participation as one of the factors in determining if they will support a given institution.

Strong participation in the Annual Fund Drive will generate funds necessary for operating expenses and academic excellence. In addition, will foster something hard to put a price on—a tangible commitment to our students and our school from everyone.

As in the past, there are several giving levels:

Pillars of the Highlands
Founder’s Council
Leadership League
President’s Circle
Principal’s Support Club
Benefactors’ Club
Highland’s Trail Blazer

$ 20,000
$ 10,000
$  5,000
$  2,500
$  1,500
$  1,000
up to $ 999

Your contribution will help support the ongoing success of the Highlands School. Here are some of the highlights from the past few months:

  • Last fall, our entire lower and middle school ranked with an average score in the top 15% in the country on the Iowa Standardized test. Several class average scores were even in the top 8% in the nation.
  • Last year we were recognized (again!) by the Cardinal Newman Society and listed on the National Top 50 Catholic High School Honor Roll. We have received this recognition every year since 2005. All 50 schools on the list were scored according to the criteria of Catholic identity, academic excellence, and civic education. The median score of the schools that made the list was 80%. The Highlands scored 93%!
  • This past spring, 12% of our senior class earned recognition as National Merit Scholars, placing them in the academic top 3% in the country. The seniors earned an average of $50,000 per student in scholarship offers.
  • Almost half of our AP students were ranked at the AP Scholar or higher last spring by their performance on multiple AP exams.
  • And all these great things aren’t even what we’re best at: providing a great environment of faith and character building, where students flourish and mature as true children of God. The Highlands is the school you have chosen for those you love most. Your support for the Annual Fund Drive supports them. Count on my prayers for you and your family. May God bless you! Sincerely,




Fr. Daniel Ray, LC
The Highlands School





The Highlands School implements the Integral Formation™ method of education developed
by the Legionaries of Christ.
Copyright©  The Highlands School Inc. 2012. All rights reserved.
Love Christ. Serve people. Build the Church.